Zoom To Fit crops content when virtual space is disabled

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Markus Springweiler
Version: 16.1.0631
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 8 (64-bit)

Can be easily seen in the sample application. On 1920x1200 maximized window the red bordered blue square on the Virtual Space QuickStart gets zoomed to 896% with virtual space enabled (and no pixel is missing) and gets scaled to 913% with virtual space disabled, activating the vertical scrollbar.

On most of the other quickstarts with the actipro logo the horizontal scrollbar gets active after ""Zoom To Fit"".

Bug exists since 2015.1 or even longer.

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Markus,

Thanks for reporting this.  We've fixed it for the next maintenance release. 

You could probably work around it now by setting the ZoomContentControl.HorizontalScrollBarVisibility and VerticalScrollBarVisibility properties to Auto.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Markus Springweiler

Indeed -- but this introduces an ugly offset-hop when zooming past the scrollbar threshold.

To be honest I would like to use virtual space, but then I'm fighting against a somehow persistent center point which gets changed by any pan or zoom to point operation and then keeps nearly forever, which especially looks odd when switching content. I know this isn't very helpful -- I tried to mimic the ZoomContentControl-Intro but something must be different.

There is also a general problem with "Zoom to fit" which I cannot narrow down to a reproducible state, I only notice it from time to time: My app has a mode where it calls ZoomToFit() after each Content update, and sometimes the animation does real bad hops (animating in wrong direction first) or even sometimes stops when the content is totally misaligned. The problems stop occuring when setting zoom animation duration to zero.

[Modified 8 years ago]

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.