What is the ActiproWindowChromeShadow?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by John Smith
Version: 16.1.0631

Hi,

i use Actipro RibbonWindow as a MainWindow in my Application. By checking of all opened windows with Application.Current.Windows i found a window with the title "ActiproWindowChromeShadow" among other. What is that and what purpose has that object? I want to close all opened windows when a user is inactive for long time.

Regards

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi John,

That is the outer glow effect for a window that has a WindowChrome applied (like RibbonWindow does) when in a Metro theme.  It watches the owner window and auto-closes when the owner window closes.  So in your case, it will close when you close the RibbonWindow.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by John Smith

Can I abort this effect? i have a problem with my codeduitests, my controls are hidden by other element and i can't found why.

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

It shouldn't really conflict with any UI since it's always updated to be behind the Window it's attached to in terms of z-order.  You could use a different theme other than a Metro theme when running UI tests if it's causing problems.  No other themes use it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.