Posted 8 years ago by sheshidar
Version: 16.1.0632

Hi All,

how /where can I get/downoload landef file for v15.1.0624. With current langdef file intellisence is not working.

Thanks in advance,

Sheshidar

Comments (7)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

That C# language definition comes with the SyntaxEditor installation within the Sample Browser sample project.  Please look in the "Free Languages" topic in the documentation for its location.

But note that those languages are basically just doing syntax highlighting.  This one in particualr is NOT the .NET Languages Add-on.  The advanced C# language in the .NET Languages Add-on does much more than the free C# language, including automated IntelliPrompt.

Actipro Software Support

I think I have posted same question in different manner in other thread.

Thanks for your answer.

The advanced C# language in the .NET Languages Add-on does much more than the free C# language, including automated IntelliPrompt.

Can you please let me know where I can get the language def file for the above?

I am just copying my reply of another thread here..

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I saw examples given.

Editor1.Document.Language = new CSharpSyntaxLanguage();

The above code was used to assign language.

But in my work, I need to load language definition file using GetManifestResourceStream.
Stream s = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream("CSharp.langdef");

Editor1.Document.Language = serializer.LoadFromStream(s);

With the current .CSharp.langdef intellisence is not working. I need to replace it with newer version 15.1.0624.

I am looking for how to generaTE/DOWNLOAD IT.

Thanks,

Hi I am able to enable the intellisence. 

var language = new CSharpSyntaxLanguage();
language.RegisterProjectAssembly(projectAssembly);
Editor1.Document.Language = language;

But here issue is my editor is working as C# editor, so I need to write code from namespace/class level.

But what I am looking is my text box should work like indepentently of any class/namespace.

In my text box I should able to write some C# code like below:

int a=10;

string b = a.ToString();

only these two lines. and text box should support intellisence when i typed a. , it should show me the APIs related to.

Hello,

Please look at the Code Fragments QuickStart.  I believe that does what you are trying to accomplish here.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks.

I have gone through Quick Start examples, but not find any related.

Hello,

It's the QuickStart named "Code Fragments".  The middle editor in that sample (labeled Fragment Code) is effectively editing statements, which is what you are trying to do.  The other two editors in that sample show the header and footer text that is appended to the middle editor for the purposes of parsing.  In a normal usage scenario like this, you would only have the middle editor in your app and not the top/bottom ones.

Actipro Software Support

Hi 

I got it using Code Fragments.

Thanks for your support.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 22 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.