Alt-PrintScreen can capture more than client area when WindowChrome'd Window is maximised

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Chien A.
Version: 16.1.0632
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have noticed that Alt-print-screen grabs a bit more than it should for maximised Windows using the WindowChrome feature - basically it's also grabbing what would be the non-client border area rendered by the WindowChrome i.e. you can see a bit of the top of the taskbar (assuming default at bottom of screen), and/or if you are using extended multi-monitors, a black borders for sides adjacent to other monitors.

Comments (2)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Chien,

That is a particularly difficult issue and I'm afraid we don't have a solution.  In order to get custom Window chroming to work properly and with all of the nice native drag features we enable, we have to set a certain values and handle Windows messages in such a way where the runtime appearance of the Window works well but this side-effect exists when doing Alt+PrintScreen.  We don't know of a way around it at this time.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Chien A.

Right, it's not ideal, but having looked into custom border implementations prior to WindowChrome, I can appreciate the difficulty.

Cheers for the response.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.