Posted 17 years ago by Ernst
I'm using laptop in a dual monitor mode. I placed some of the floating documents on a second monitor's desktop and saved layout. Then I undocked laptop so it switched into a single monitor mode. When I restored layout these floating windows were inaccessible. It would be nice to have some method to bring all open documents to the current desktop.

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
What I've done in my application is provide a command that will restore the window layout to a pre-saved condition. This is the default layout where all tool windows are docked. In the event users ever get stuck, they can execute a single command to load the default layout. In your case, this would bring all the windows back to the main application.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ernst,

This change has been implemented for the next maintenance release:
Added code so that when restoring a tool window layout, if the DockManager.ToolWindowScreenBoundsCheckEnabled property is true, any undocked tool windows that are off-screen will be moved back on.

[Modified at 05/22/2007 07:46 AM]

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.