Exception when using auto-hide tool windows with multiple dispatchers

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Phil Devaney
Version: 16.1.0632
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to create a simple "slide-in panel" that appears in response to a keypress or touch gesture (similar to Win+P in Windows 10 or the Charms bar in Windows 8). I'm using an auto-hide tool window with all the capabilities & UI removed - no dragging, floating, docking, title bar etc, and activating it from code.

This works great, but our app has multiple top-level windows each with their own dispatcher. When I try to display the tool window on the second window, I get an exception in DispatcherObject.VerifyAccess for a non-frozen DrawingBrush which appears to belong to the titleBarGripper element. I have a workaround by creating a style for ToolWindowContainer and removing everything from the template except for the ToolWindowContainerTabControl, so this isn't urgent to fix.

I've created a sample and sent to support. While creating the sample I found a second exception, again from VerifyAccess, this time for the LayoutTransform of an element called RootBorder. This exception didn't happen in my real app because I had a Style for AutoHideTabStrip to set Visibility=Collapsed.

Comments (1)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Phil,

Thanks for letting us know.  We've made some tweaks to the themes for the next maintenance release that should help.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.