AutoHide with tool window image

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Tom Johnson
Version: 16.1.0330
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

If I add a tall image to a tool window, the tool window's text gets moved off the end of the displayed button when the window is auto-hidden on the left/right.   For example, I have a tool window titled "Phonebook" and have a 12x48 image.   When the window is auto-hidden, the image is drawn on the top and only "Ph" is displayed at the bottom.   The auto-hide works properly when hidden on the top or bottom of the dock area.  I am using the VS2005 renderer.

I am using the image to increase the size of the auto-hide buttons.  Is there another way to increase the size or suggestions on how to fix the auto-hide?

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tom,

It looks like the auto-hide tab renderers were made assuming in general that square images were used.  We've tweaked the code for the next build to handle this scenario better.  It required changing code in the renderer's DrawAutoHideTab method.  If you would like a preview build of this change to test, please write our support address to request one and mention this thread.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.