Outlining Toggle button UI Automation object does not appear in Inspect

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Xinen Lee
Version: 16.1.0634

Hi Actipro,

I'm facing a situation where the 2nd and subsequent Outlining Toggle buttons do not appear in Inspect for automation. 

To reproduce:

1. In an editor, create 2 outlining regions and look for their Toggle buttons [-] in Inspect - they appear in Inspect

2. Create one more editor (different document) and create 2 outlining regions and look for their Toggle buttons [-] in Inspect - only the first button appears in Inspect, 2nd does not.

I'm unable to reproduce this in the sample browser and can't confirm that it's Actipro behavior. However I don't have access to 634 source code, and I really don't have any control right now on how the toggle buttons are exposed for automation, so I have to ask you if you have any idea, why this is happening. Something along the lines of how the child Toggle button automation peers are refreshed? And maybe how only the first one gets added? Hope you can help to investigate and update me please.

Thanks!

Xinen

Comments (1)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Xinen,

Our EditorOutliningMarginAutomationPeer.GetChildrenCore override runs through all visible lines in the view and adds an EditorOutliningMarginToggleButtonAutomationPeer for each one.  I don't think our code could be returning invalid peers in that resulting peer list since it runs through everything that is visible at the time.  As long as GetChildren is being called, we should be returning proper results.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 21 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.