Handle Doubleclicked on Title Container

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Cyrus Mason
Version: 13.2

When 2 ToolWindows are floating and connected, is there a way to capture the MouseDoubleClick Event when the header is double clicked? I can capture when the ToolWindow ittself is double clicked, but it seems to make a new ToolWindowContainer when 2 are attached and I'd like to handle the double click on that window.

Comments (3)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Cyrus,

What specifically are you trying to do with the event handler?  Handling the clicks on the title bar of a floating window will be tricky because we tell Windows that it is a system title bar, so Windows handles the clicks in that area.  This allows features like Aero snap to work when dragging.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Cyrus Mason

For some reason, when the window is redocked this way, a specific tool within that window disappears. I have a fix for this (it’s not pretty but works): If I programmatically call Float() then Dock(), then Activate() (to give it focus again), the window is back to normal but there is no way of knowing the user has double clicked to dock. 

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Cyrus,

It looks like from your original post that you are on an old 13.2 version.  Have you tried any maintenance releases for that to see if it's been resolved since, or tried upgrading to our latest version?

In the old version, I believe there is a DockSite.CreateRaftingWindow method you can override.  If you do that, perhaps you can attach to a preview event for double clicks and detect it that way?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.