Controlling the PlacementMode for Parameter Info

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Erwin Liong
Version: 16.1.0635

Hi Actipro,

Is there an easy way to control the placement for the Parameter Info pop-up?

Currently, it is defaulted to be placed below. However, I would like to have it pop-up at Top placement. I have seen the PlacementMode defined as private member of ParameterInfoSession. Can this property be made avaiable?

Thank you.

Regards,

Erwin Liong

Comments (4)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Erwin,

All of that is controlled internally and we try to emulate how Visual Studio positions things.  We also need to sometimes shuffle various IntelliPrompt popups around other popups.  May I ask why you wanted the parameter info showing above the text?  That doesn't seem like as natural of a place to look for it.

Actipro Software Support

Hi Actipro, 

Sorry, I must have gotten confused with how Resharper position the parameter info (which is at the top).

Ok, there is a slight difference in terms of Completion Prompt and Parameter Info pop-ups between Actipro and Visual Studio.

When the parameter info is open at the bottom of text, when we launch completion prompt, the completion prompt is shown below the parameter info. This looks fine for both Visual Studio and Actipro.

However, when we put more TABs such that the caret is wider than the parameter info dialog, and when we launch the completion prompt, Actipro places at a weird placement, ie. at where the caret is but a gap down below the parameter info. In Visual studio, the completion prompt is placed nicely beneath the caret (ie, beside the parameter info and there is no gapping down).

Let me know if my textual description is hard to follow, I can email over an attachment with screenshots.

Thank you.

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Erwin,

Can you make a new simple sample project that shows this so we can debug with it to make sure any changes we make will properly correct this scenario?  Please email that sample to our support address, reference this thread in your email, include a couple screenshots, and tell us out to repro it.  Be sure to rename the .zip file extension of what you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Hi Actipro,

I have submitted a Support Ticket (Ticket Number: 088-203CFC7A-4913) with an attachment showing how to reproduce the problem.

Please feel free to drop me a note if you need more clarification.

Thank you.

Regards,

Erwin Liong

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.