Exception on the SemanticParserServiceRequest

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Erik Pepping - RADVenture B.V
Hi again,

I ran into this exception:

1) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace
Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SemanticParserServiceRequest.b() at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SemanticParserService.a(SemanticParserServiceRequest A_0) at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SemanticParserService.c() at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() -- Stack for Exception [1] -- at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SemanticParserServiceRequest.b() at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SemanticParserService.a(SemanticParserServiceRequest A_0) at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SemanticParserService.c() at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

So far it has been hard to reproduce this in the demo application, so I'm hoping that the stack trace might give you guys a clue what is going wrong.

Kind regards,

Erik Pepping

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Erik,

I'm wondering if this is something where the Document is disposed but is getting a delayed call from the semantic parser service. Do you think that is possible?

I'm adding some code (based on the method in the stack trace) to try and handle the scenario where it has been disposed. This will be in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Erik Pepping - RADVenture B.V
Thanks,

It looks like the moment this exceptions occurs is just the opposite, a Document is being created and the Text is dynamically created.

I will try to narrow it down further. Any idea when a new release is due?

Erik.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hmmm, I'm not sure how it could happen (without debugging it) if it wasn't the disposed scenario. In any case, the new release will probably be this week sometime. If you can come up with a repro soon that would be great, and we can make sure that if anything else is needed that it gets included in the release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.