What's the difference between actipro ribbon and microsoft one?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Wojtek Gajda
Version: 14.1.0

Microsoft has included the Ribbon control in WPF.

I'm designing new application (.NET 4.5.1) that's going to use ribbon and I'm wondering which ribbon I should choose: actipro or microsoft?

Can someone explain what's the difference between Microsoft and Actipro version of ribbon?

Here is nice intro to microsoft one: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/0b73e1/ribbon-control-in-wpf-4-5/

Comments (2)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We haven't really used theirs, but it seems like a lot of their APIs are similar to concepts we originally came up with (ours was out first, many years ago).  From looking at screenshots, I can say ours will have a bit more of a modern appearance and we support all the Metro themes.  We also have full Backstage support, which I'm not sure they have.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Stefan Heer

I used the MS ribbon for two years before switching to the Actipro ribbon. The MS ribbon has a lot of bugs, Actripro ribbon does not!

Furthermore MS did not fix these bugs with new .NET releases for years! Both ribbons have the Backstage feature, but the MS ribbon can''t be themed as easily as the Actipro ribbon.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.