New Tab Button hidden when using TabOverflowBehavior - ShrinkWithMenu

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Matthew Bristow
Version: 17.1.0650
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Unsure if this is a bug or working as expected.

In our current scenario we use the New Tab Button in conjunction with the TabOverflowBehavior, ShrinkWithMenu on the MDI but have seen this with jus 

As you can see from my gif the New Tab Button moves around a bit, until it gets to a state where it is unusable!

https://gifyu.com/images/pages.gif

I have also noticed that when paired with ScrollWithMenu when you add a new item the last item is shown, and then you have to scroll to the new tab button which is rather annoying if you plan to add a few as you have to go new button, scroll, new button, scroll etc.

Do you know of a work around to make the New Tab Button always be in view at the end?

Comments (4)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the video.  The new tab button feature will only work properly with Shrink or ShrinkWithMenu, but there is a minor bug in the layout logic that you found.  We've fixed it for the upcoming maintenance release.  If you'd like to try out a preview build early, please write our support address and reference this thread in your email.

Actipro Software Support

I have the latest maintenince version but it still happens? 

The button jumps around, until it gets to a point where I  can't see it.

https://ibb.co/mWAzVk

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Matthew,

Can you make a new simple sample project that repros this and email it to our support address?  Then we can debug with that and see what's still wrong.  Please rename the .zip file so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

You've got mail.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.