legacy PropertyGrid and licenses.licx

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Markus Springweiler
Version: 17.1.0651
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

The "Converting to 2017.1" topic states:

For licensing, you will have to update your licenses.licx file to reference this legacy assembly. Change the Grids line start to read [...]

And I added the following line:
ActiproSoftware.Products.PropertyGrid.PropertyGridLicenseToken, ActiproSoftware.PropertyGrid.Legacy.Wpf, Version=17.1.651.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=36ff2196ab5654b9

But this gives me "error LC0003: Unable to resolve type 'ActiproSoftware.Products.PropertyGrid.PropertyGridLicenseToken, ActiproSoftware.PropertyGrid.Legacy.Wpf, Version=17.1.651.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=36ff2196ab5654b9'" on compile time.

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Markus,

That is correct... in the 2017.1 version, we simplified licensing so there is only one general ActiproLicenseToken used in the licenses.licx file going forward for all products.  This is instead of one line for each licensed product.  Please see the "Licensing" topic for details on that.  Also it is mentioned in the "Converting to 2017.1" topic.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Markus Springweiler

It's the "Converting to 2017.1" which says I should add this line:

ms-its:C:\Program Files (x86)\Actipro Software\WPF-Controls\v17.1.0651\Documentation.chm::/Topics/Grids/Conversion/ConvertingTo20171.html
Paragraph: "Temporary Inclusion of Older PropertyGrid and Interop Legacy Assemblies"

If it is the very same "2017.1" which already switched to one-line-for-all then this paragraph seems nonesense to me.

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Oh yikes... that was in place before we made the licensing simplification change and we forgot about that info in those product-specific conversion topics.  We'll go fix that now for the next maintenance release.  Thanks for letting us know!  The converting topic I was originally referring to was the top-level one.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.