RibbonWindow remembering position

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Bryan Livingston
Version: 1.0.0340
When I switched from a System.Windows.Window to a RibbonWindow the app no longer remembers it's position and I have to resize or maximize each time it is run.

It would be nice if the RibbonWindow could restore this information to what it was the last run just like Window does. Dunno where it's stuffing that info.

Bryan

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bryan,

I've been trying this but I'm not seeing that sort of behavior in Window. I might be wrong but I don't believe there is anything in the WPF framework that automatically stores Window positions or states. Even if there was, I don't think there's anything in RibbonWindow that would change that behavior.

But if you do know of some setting that does this sort of thing, then please send over a sample. The only setting on Window that I can see is related is WindowStartupLocation. That has a Manual setting but in that you have to specify where to position it. If you don't it just cascades the window.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Bryan Livingston
I'm sorry. I was completley mistaken.

Window size was defaulting to something like 1200x800 on my computer. I assumed it was saving state since it was so big.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.