A major new version of the Actipro WPF controls is now available.
Detailed Update List
- Added the DockingWindow.IsFloating property, which supports data-binding and indicates if the docking window is open in a floating DockHost.
- Updated the DockSite.WindowDefaultLocationRequested event with a new ShouldFloat property on the event arguments.
- Refactored logic that leaves breadcrumbs and added float ability to restore to floating breadcrumbs.
- Updated maximized standard MDI windows to remove flicker when a new primary document is set.
- Updated the tool window container template to better support top-aligned tabs.
- Fixed a bug where executing the Dock command from a floating tool window wasn't always working.
- Added the AutoCompleteBox control that allows text entry and provides suggestions for auto-completion. This kind of control is ideal for use in search query and quick launch kinds of scenarios.
- Added a new QuickStart to showcase the AutoCompleteBox control.
- Updated date selection in a DateEditBox's popup calendar to close the popup.
- Updated EnumEditBox used in PropertyGrid to automatically pass the enumeration type in, which is useful when multiple data objects of the same type are being edited.
- Added the CanReuseBrush property to BrushEditBox, BrushPicker, and GradientStopSlider, which can be set to false to create a new brush instance on any update. This is needed when binding to values using value converters.
- Fixed a bug where clicking the Today button on a MonthCalendar with CanRetainTime set would clear the time.
- Added the TreeListBoxItemAdapter.OnDragHover method, which allows for selectively expanding collapsed target items when a drag/hover occurs.
- Added a check to ensure DragDropEffects.None is not returned by TreeListBoxItemAdapter.InitializeDataObject before starting a drag/drop.
- Updated PropertyGridItemAdapter to support returning paths.
- Fixed a bug where TreeListBox expand all functionality might not traverse down all levels.
- Fixed a bug that could occur within a PropertyGrid when trying to show a context menu for a control in an open popup.
- Improved RibbonWindow title area display for certain themes in high DPI.
- Fixed a bug where when using RibbonWindow and switching app themes to Classic and back, the QAT and contextual tab groups wouldn't be aligned properly.
- Added the IIntraLineSpacerTag interface that allows whitespace to be reserved above and/or below view lines.
- Added the IntraLineAdornmentManagerBase class for implementing intra-line adornments.
- Added the ITextViewLine.TopMargin, BottomMargin, and GetIntraLineSpacerTags members.
- Added a new adornments QuickStart showing how to implement Visual Studio-like Code Lens (info display and hyperlink) features.
- Added a new adornments QuickStart showing how to implement Visual Studio-like Peek Definition (embedded editor) features.
- Improved how vertical scrolling is implemented to better handle view lines of various sizes.
- Improved editor view focus tracking logic.
- Added the IOutliningManager.ApplyDefaultOutliningExpansion and ExpandAllOutlining methods, and related EditorCommands properties.
- Fixed a bug where moving the caret to the end of single-line mode editor might scroll too far to the right.
- Fixed a bug where the outlining manager could fall out of sync with collapsed outining node states in a certain scenario.
.NET Languages Add-on
- Added a new optional assembly that has Roslyn extensions for loading IBinaryAssembly instances that can be referenced by a project assembly, instead of using normal .NET reflection.
- Added IntelliPrompt completion for object creation expression initializer member names.
- Improved VB auto-indent logic when pressing space after certain keywords.
- Improved VB Option statement lexing.
- Improved VB IntelliPrompt completion logic.
- Added the AdvancedTextBlock control that can show a tooltip when overflowed and can highlight spans of text based on captured text ranges (i.e. filter match results).
- Changed the IDataFilter.Filter method to include a context parameter.
- Improved InputAdapter.ReleasePointerCaptures logic to be more precise about what captures are released.
- Updated how minimized chromed windows render when not allowed in the taskbar.
- Updated how WindowChrome handles maximized windows in Windows 8 and later to fix a bug where the system may render additional title buttons when the title bar is clicked in a certain scenario.
About WPF Controls
WPF Studio / WPF Essentials Licensing
You can purchase our WPF controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the WPF Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves over 60% over purchasing all the WPF controls individually.
The WPF Essential bundle saves over 45% over purchasing its bundled controls separately.
That's some incredible savings!
WPF Studio Benefits
All WPF control licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
In addition, if you own a WPF Studio license, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new WPF control products added to WPF Studio that come out within your year period. This benefit does not apply to WPF Essentials customers.
You can download an evaluation of all our WPF controls from this page:
Upgrade to WPF Studio
Contact our sales team for information on discounted pricing for upgrading from one of our older WPF control product licenses to a license for WPF Studio, WPF Essentials, or a new version of a WPF control product.
If you own an older WPF Studio version or one of its products and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
Actipro Software Support