Performance Monitoring

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Matthew Bristow
Version: 17.2.0661

I've been looking at hooking up some performance monitoring to our application. I'm currently stuck on Page Transition, and for the most part it is working but I have a few niche edge cases that I need some help to resolve.

The issue in short is that I am unable to detect when a Tool Window is docked, or more appropriatley should I say attached within another Tool Window.

What I am doing is that I start my monitoring on the the PreviewMouseDown on the AdvancedTabItem. When it switches Document Window I can tell once all of my Tool Windows are Loaded by listening to the WPF Loaded event of my Views.

However, the issue comes when a Tool Window is docked (attached) within another Tool Window as only one will be Loaded so my currently logic waits on all the expected Tool Windows to load that will never come until its tab is selected.

Is there a way to tell if a Tool Window is visible? I had hoped IsOpen would have worked but that seems to show True regardless.

Or do you think there is a better I could go about doing this? 

Comments (2)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Matthew,

There are several built-in properties on ToolWindow that help tell its visual state:

IsOpen - Whether the tool window is open anywhere in the layout.  It may or may not be a selected tab at the time, but there is some piece (i.e. tab) at least visible somewhere in the layout.

IsSelected - Indicates that the tool window's content is visible if also IsOpen.  The selected tool window in a container is the only one with IsSelected = true.

IsActive - Indicates that the tool window is open, selected, and also has focus.

Does some combination of those properties help your situation?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Matthew Bristow

IsSelected - Was exactly what I as looking for, and works a treat.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.