Adding a toolbar to the docking window inside of a ribbon?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Version: 11.1.0661

Hi, we are using a slightly older version of ActiPro with the Office 2007 Blue theme on the Ribbon (non scenic). The main window structure is:

RibbonWindow

Ribbon

DockingWindow | Content Area

All is working great, but I would like to add a toolbar to the DockingWindow (i.e. in Visual Studio 2015 Solution Explorer, the 10 buttons at the top of the docking window Back / Forward / Home, etc.)

I am able to throw a horizontal StackPanel into my view with ribbon:Button's on it and that part looks ok, but I'm not really sure what to do about the background where the buttons would go. As I said, this is the Office 2007 Blue theme, so inactive on the title bar is the ribbon gradient and the active is the orange. I came up with a few color ideas and they look ok with the orange, but not so much with the light blue. Is there something built into this older version of ActiPro for that where you've figured out the colors already?

Thanks!

Comments (4)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We have a lot of predefined brush resources that fit in with the themes.  For instance you could use:

<Setter Property="Background" Value="{DynamicResource {x:Static themes:AssetResourceKeys.ToolBarTrayBackgroundNormalBrushKey}}" />

or

<Setter Property="Background" Value="{DynamicResource {x:Static themes:AssetResourceKeys.ToolBarHorizontalBackgroundNormalBrushKey}}" />

Actipro Software Support

Hi, what is your themes ns defined as? I was looking around for AssetResourceKeys, but I am not able to find anything like that. Also, a reminder, I am stuck on the older classic ActiPro libraries (2011.1) :(. Maybe the ns's are different for that version?

Hi, what is your themes ns defined as? I was looking around for AssetResourceKeys, but I am not able to find anything like that. Also, a reminder, I am stuck on the older classic ActiPro libraries (2011.1) :(. Maybe the ns's are different for that version?

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Ahh, we added native WPF control themes in the 2011.2 version.  That's why you don't see them.  You could possibly use something within Ribbon like:

<Setter Property="Background" Value="{DynamicResource {x:Static ribbon:RibbonCommonDictionary.RibbonBackgroundBrushKey}}"/>

Or just leave the background of the ToolBar transparent so the background content area of the ToolWindow shows through.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.