Long execution of the method MarkAll

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 6 years ago by agent Smith
Version: 12.1.0330
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I am using a SyntaxEditor, from ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Net20.dll v4.0.287.0 library. I opened syntax editor instance and start pasting code, after 5000 pasted strings I call _editor.SelectedView.FindReplace.MarkAll(options, typeof(SelectedWordIndicator)); method. And every time when I call this method it's work slow. But after I reopen _editor document  it starts work much faster. I already tried to clear UndoRedo buffer, but it doesn't help. 

Comments (1)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

In the WinForms version, that method is updating the document's indicators collection with each instance it matches.  This process can add up time-wise if there are thousands of matches.  I'm not sure exactly what you mean about it working faster after reloading a document though.  If you'd like us to take a look, please make a new simple sample project that shows it and send that to our support address.  Reference this thread in your email and be sure to remove all bin/obj folders from the ZIP you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.

In the newer WPF version, we do matching in a completely different way that doesn't have that time drawback.  Per our blog, we're currently working on SyntaxEditor vNext where we hope to finally bring newer designs back to the older WinForms version so it has the same features as in the WPF version.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.