KeyTipAccessText for Contextual Tabs and other bugs

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Bryan Livingston
Version: 1.0.0340
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
KeyTipAccessText for Contextual Tabs doesn't appear to be working. Tip doesn't show and keys don't work for them. Havn't tested this in this weeks build.

Also, when running as an XBAP, if you hit Alt+H to try to go to home tab the browser will show the help menu as well. Is there a way to set an IsHandled flag to avoid having this keystroke run up to the browser? I'm planning on tring to sell my program as an XBAP or standalone.

One other thing, if you right click on a split button the context menu will not be shown.

Bryan

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bryan,

For the next maintenance release we've fixed the key tips on contextual tabs and the menu/split button context menus-not-showing issues.

As for the other one with the XBAPs in IE, we are aware of that and so far have not been able to find a solution. We've even tried putting code on OnPreviewKeyDown of the Page itself and setting e.Handled = true (which in a sense is what our code does within Ribbon) but that still doesn't block IE from intercepting the key and using it. I've posted in the WPF forums to see if this is an IE bug. If you come up with any workaround in the Page that does block IE from getting it, please let us know ASAP and we'll implement it in our code.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Bryan Livingston
Bummer on the IE integration problem. I don't remember having the problem when I used a classic menu bar, so one would think that there would have to be a way to do it.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We'll continue to try things out but if you are able to somehow trap the key even in a blank Page like by overriding the Page's key methods, etc., please let us know how you get it working.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.