Don't know if this is a regression, but we've just noticed a bug that really limits the practicality of auto-hidden toolwindows.
Using the simple ide docking sample:
1. Move 'Document Outline' toolwindow (tw) to be docked on left side and auto-hide it
2. Click/activate 'Output' tw
3. Click on 'Document Outline' tw to activate/show it
4. Click on 'Find & Replace' toolwindow to activate/show it (Note: doesn't need to be auto-hidden, any tw other than 'output' will suffice)
5. Finally Click on 'Output' tw again and view output in it
Doing the above, notice that between steps 3 and 4, the 'Output' tw temporarily became activated again.
This extra activation did not happen in your WinForms version, and breaks a basic dockable window ability to bind a different toolwindow to selected content in an autohidden window. E.g. in Visual Studio you wouldn't be able to use the 'Properties' tw to view or edit the selected node in 'Solution Explorer' if it was auto-hidden, if a document Window etc became active in between changing active window from 'Solution Explorer' to 'Properties' since that would cause 'Properties' tw to bind to the document instead.
[Modified 11 months ago]