Lexer theme support

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Mike
Version: 17.2.0664

Hi,

if I define a foreground color in lexer for a custom language, how can I take care of different themes? I didn't found a way to specify a system color on lexer instead only a fixed color is allowed. Would I need to create two language lexer files for each theme (white/dark) or can I create one language file and modify the color within the source code of the app?

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

You would just have one lexer file, usually with light default colors in it.  Please check out the "SyntaxEdtior / User Interface Features / Theme and Highlighting Style Features / Highlighting Style Registries" topic in the documentation that comes with the product.  That tells you how to set up handling for a dark theme.  Our sample project also shows it, with a lot of the code being in the "SyntaxEditorHelper.UpdateHighlightingStyleRegistryForThemeChange" method in the /ProductSamples/SyntaxEditor/Common" folder.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0684) was released 13 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.