ToolWindow loses IsActive state when docked in a Nested Linked Docksite

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Matthew Bristow
Version: 17.2.0664
Platform: .NET 4.6
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've noticed that when I dock a ToolWindow into a Linked Nested Docksite the IsActive property of the ToolWindow that is being docked is changed to False when the UI state of that ToolWindow indicates it should be IsActive i.e. the ToolWindow's header is blue.

I can replicate this issue using your demonstration app using the Nested Dock Sites example and linking them in the constructor as demonstrated in a previous post.

1. I use snoop to watch the properties on the ToolWindow, it is IsActive.
  2. I drag it out so it IsFloating and it is still IsActive.
  3. I then dock next to the Inner DockSite and the IsActive property is set to False.

Comments (3)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Matt,

Before we dig into this more, have you tested this with our latest official build 664?  The reason I ask is that you might be using a preview build and our final build 664 had this update in it:

Fixed a bug where the DockSite's ActiveWindow and PrimaryDocument properties weren't updated after a docking window was dragged to a linked DockSite.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Matthew Bristow

The "SampleApplication-CSharp" is refrencing 17.2.664.0.

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Matt,

Thanks, we were able to duplicate it and it is a different issue than the other one that was fixed recently.  We've made a code update for the next build to handle it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.