Where did DialogTextBoxPropertyEditor go?

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Nate Smith
Version: 17.2.0665

I have recently taken on the task of updating our product to use the 2017 release.  I had been holding off because we use the Property Grid and Editors quiet a bit in our product and I knew the changes would be extensive.  Most of the transition has gone smoothly but one of the editors that we used all over the place was the DialogTextBoxPropertyEditor.  It no longer exists in the Editors assembly and I see no mention of it in the upgrade guide or anywhere in the documentation at all.  Has this class been replaced?  If so, what is the new class?  Am I just missing something really obvious?

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Nate,

This section in the conversion documentation talks about dialogs:

The static ShowPropertyDialogCommand property has been removed, which helped support dialog display buttons. This feature is still present but in an improved design. See the "Property Dialogs" section in the Property Editors topic for more information on how to implement property dialogs.

Basically you'd want to look at the last section in the "Property Editors" topic for how dialogs are accomplished now.  I hope that helps!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.