Arrow keys won't work on dynamic properties

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by rex hui
Version: 17.2.0665
Platform: .NET 4.7
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

If you use dynamic properties, you cannot use the keyboard down arrow key to move to the field.

To reproduce, run the Dynamic Properties sample.

Comments (2)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Hmm, I see what you mean.  To reproduce, you switch the Target property to Pane and then try and arrow down to Width, but focus gets lost after the Location property.  It's trying to focus the next item (Orientation) but that property's "container" is currently invisible.

This is happening because that particular sample is using a PropertyGridItem style binding to hide the PropertyGridItem container based on the CustomPropertyModel's IsVisible property.  The problem is that all our arrow/pgup/pgdn/etc. handlers don't use containers at all and rely on the backing data item hierarchy established by the items and the item adapter.  In this case, the items are PropertyGridItem objects.  Items don't really have any concept of visibility either since it's assumed that if they are in the tree, they are accessible visually.

I believe we were able to find a workaround that should help with the up/down arrow keys in this scenario though.  It will be in the next build.

In the meantime, you can use Tab or Shift+Tab to move around too.  Those work now in all cases.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by rex hui

Thanks. I copied the same technique to hide some property items so I ran into this issue. 

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.