Custom unscrollable right indicator margin

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Alexandru Dan Duna
Version: 17.2.0665

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a custom unscrollable (right) indicator margin. I'd appreciate some advice where to start since the source code for the EditorIndicatorMargin is, sadly, not public. What I'd like to do is make it support adding glyphs with IntelliPromptQuickInfo.

As a side question, is it possible to draw/add glyphs in the scroll bar area between the navigation arrows, the area where the slider can move?

Thank you!

Comments (3)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Please check out the "SyntaxEditor / User Interface Features / Editor View Features / Editor View Margins" topic in the documentation that comes with the product.  That walks through the built in editor view margins and how to create custom margins and the various locations they can be in.  If you don't want the margin to scroll, it would need to be a "fixed" margin.  You would need to use a custom margin if you want to do custom rendering since the built-in margins are rendered by us.  There are several "Editor View Margins" QuickStarts in our main samples project too that you'll want to see.

Right now you can't render in the scroll area but that's something we're going to look into for the future.  I'll log your request for it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 5 years ago by Reinhard Gruber

I'dl like to upvote the freature request to render into the scroll area.

We have some functionality to indicate ParserErrors, Bookmarks and SearchResults in the right view margin. But because the view margin has the same size as the whole scrollbar (inclusive the up- and down-button) the height of the scrollbar and our indicators are not in sync. We have to do some workarounds to determine the height of the up- and down-buttons and subtract it in our custom view margin, but thats something we want to get rid of.

Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Reinhard,

Thanks for the feedback.  

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.