Bug between float docking window and Modal

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Julien Audran
Version: 17.2.0662
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

We encounter an issue when we have a docking window in float mode and when we open a Modal.

Indeed it's still possible in that case to interact with the floating docking window.

I tested with the sample as well, and it's possible to reproduce the problem.

For instance in Docking/MDI - demos and Simple IDE(in-line), we undock the Solution Explorer to put it float, and click on the menu File->Open, the Open dialog is modal so we cannot interact with the parent, but it's possible to move and even dock back the Solution Explorer.

Is it a known issue ? I did not see anything related to this with the latest maintenace release notes.

Thanks.

Comments (2)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

That seems to be an unfortunate side effect of using a Win32 common dialog in WPF.  I can reproduce the same thing via a button click in a regular Window without our controls:

var ownedWindow = new Window() { Title = "Owned", Owner = this }; ownedWindow.Show();
var dialog = new Microsoft.Win32.OpenFileDialog(); dialog.ShowDialog(this);

Whereas if you use a WPF dialog instead, you can't click on the owned Window:

var dialogWindow = new Window() { Title = "Dialog" }; dialogWindow.ShowDialog();

You'd probably want to contact Microsoft about this and see what they say since it's core to WPF/Win32 dialog interaction.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Julien Audran

Thanks a lot

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.