Is there a way I can have a ToolWindow thats size does not conform to the ratio of the Docksite?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Matthew Bristow
Version: 17.2.0665

Is there a way I can have a ToolWindow thats size does not conform to the ratio of the Docksite?

The best way I can explain it is to have the ToolWindow that is a fixed size but still be able to set it dynamically.

For example I have a Docksite, and inside I have two ToolWindowContainers which each hold a ToolWindow.

One of these ToolWindows I want to allow the user to resize using the spliter (and in some cases programatically) but still limit the size it can be ie ContainerMaxSize. However once this has been set I don't want it to get any bigger or smaller. I want it to be fixed for the duration that it is docked or floating. So adding further displays or changing the size of the window should not change the size of the ToolWindow.

I am able to set it as a fixed size by setting the ContainerMaxSize and ContainerMinSize as the same values but then I am unable to change this size by the splitting. I imagine I'll be able to change this programatically. 

Comments (1)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Matt,

Correct, setting both ContainerMaxSize and ContainerMinSize as the same values is the only way to fix the size, but it will prevent live resizing.  Sorry, we don't have a way around that.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.