ToolWindow not remembering floating size

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by rex hui
Version: 17.2.0665

When a floating ToolWindow is docked and then float again, it does not preserve the floating size it was before it was docked.

Is there an option to set?

Comments (4)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I'm not seeing that behavior in our latest unreleased codebase.  Can you tell us exactly how to reproduce it in one of our samples so that we can try the same steps?

Actipro Software Support

Just the Docking & MDI Simple IDE Demo can reproduce it.

If you undock a toolwindow and resize it to X, then dock it back and drag it out again, the size X is not preserved.

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

If you do the same thing in Visual Studio (which we generally try to mimic), it behaves the same.  Because you docked it into a container by dragging, it will assume that size when dragged out again.  

If on the other hand you right click and select Dock on a floating tool window to dock it and then right click on the now-docked tool window and select Float, then it will restore back to its original floating size.  In this case it has a hidden breadcrumb container to restore back into.

Actipro Software Support

Ok, I understand it is by-design now even though I don't totally agree.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 21 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.