A major new version of the Actipro WPF controls is now available, introducing a beta of our new Shell product containing controls that allow for easy folder and file browsing.
Detailed Update List
- Improved how the custom columns for Editors interop with DataGrid commit and cancel value changes.
- Updated tool window context menus to hide the 'Dock as Document' menu item if there is no MDI in the current DockSite.
- Made various improvements for usage in per-monitor DPI scenarios.
- Improved docking window container to always select the last active window when the selected window is dragged out.
- Updated InteropFocusTracking to help ensure that StandardSwitcher always closes properly when focus is within an interop control.
- Updated TabbedMdiHost to set a single child TabbedMdiContainer's DockedSize when the host's DockedSize is changed.
- Fixed a bug where lazy-loaded tool windows could appear out of a previously-serialized order.
- Fixed a bug in the Metro theme where a floating dock host with two side-by-side tool windows could show a flicker when getting focused.
- Fixed a bug where a reopened docking window might not select the most recent breadcrumb location for a target state.
- Updated some automation peer logic.
- Added the AutoCompleteBox.SelectAll method.
- Updated the AutoComplexBox.TextChanged event arguments to pass an IsPopupAllowed property that can be set to false to prevent the popup from showing for the popup.
- Updated DateTime manipulation methods to adhere to the current culture-based calendar's min/max values.
- Updated TimeEditBox to preserve the date portion of the DateTime.
- Updated EmbeddedTextBox to have AllowDrop set to true by default.
- Updated EnumEditBox's popup to be at least the width of the edit box.
- Moved the primitive control EmbeddedTextBox to the Shared Library so it can be used by other products as well.
- Fixed a bug in DateEditBox, DateTimeEditBox, and TimeEditBox where setting a Minimum/Maximum could cause an empty edit box value to be filled in.
- Fixed a bug where focusing an AutoCompleteBox control didn't forward focus into the TextBox in its template.
- Updated PropertyGrid to support multi-selection modes.
- Updated TreeListBoxItem to become the primary selection when in single selection mode it receives focus.
- Added the TreeListBox.IsRootItemVisibleChanged event.
- Added a TreeListBoxItemMenuEventArgs.IsBackground property that indicates if a right-click was past the last column in a TreeListView.
- Updated right-clicks on selected TreeListBox items when in Multiple selection mode to not deselect.
- Improved how TreeListBox items load children to support a lazy-loading scenario.
- Improved TreeListBox in multi-selection mode to update TreeListBoxItem selection state when items are added that are pre-selected via an item adapter.
- Updated TreeListBox to focus itself if an item currently has focus and its items source is changing.
- Updated the tree node expansion logic.
- Fixed a bug where TreeListBox with a ChildrenQueryModeDefault of OnExpansion wasn't calling the TreeListBoxItemAdapter.CanHaveChildren method properly.
- Fixed a bug where merged properties didn't use a custom property editor specified with EditorAttribute.
- Fixed a bug where a stack overflow could occur in TreeListBox when working with extremely deep trees.
- Fixed a bug where dragging and dropping a TreeListBox item when filtering is active could show the dropped item in the wrong location.
- Fixed a bug where changing a TreeListView column width to a star-sized column might not allow it to resize.
- Fixed a bug where TreeListView column headers weren't marking clicks as handled.
- Fixed a bug where using up/down arrow keys might not work properly in scenarios like the PropertyGrid Dynamic Properties QuickStart.
- Fixed a bug where double-clicking a TreeListView column header resize gripper to auto-resize could raise the ColumnTapped event for the next column.
- Fixed a bug where removing a TreeListBox item didn't properly mark that tree node as hidden.
- Fixed a bug where adding an item to a list in a PropertyGrid with filtering active might not show the filtered items.
- Fixed a bug where a selection change might not always scroll the newly-selected item into view properly.
- Improved ZoomContentControl to support smaller scale steps.
- Updated GroupPresenter to keep keyboard focus contained within the presenter when using directional arrows.
- Improved the rendering of Backstage task tab items in Metro themes.
- Updated several built-in icons to be vector-based for better DPI-scaling support.
- First beta release of the Shell Object Framework and shell UI controls for browsing folder and file hierarchies.
- Updated indicator margin glyph quick info to be based on the topmost glyph.
- Added the IParameterInfoSession.HasSelectionChanged property.
- Fixed a bug introduced in a previous build where IntelliPrompt quick info and parameter info sessions couldn't open for read-only text ranges.
.NET Languages Add-on
- Improved IntelliPrompt parameter info to retain its current user-specified selection, if any, as the user makes text changes.
- Added support for the C# 'dynamic' keyword to show in IntelliPrompt.
- Adjusted the text formatting logic.
- Fixed a bug where hovering over a variable declarator name could show IntelliPrompt quick info for a resolved target with the same name.
- Updated PopupButton in Classic theme to respect the IsTransparencyModeEnabled setting properly.
- Updated AnimatedProgressBar to not animate if its IsEnabled property is set to false.
- Updated the appearance of the PopupButton arrow.
- Made the Actipro license validation logic thread-safe.
- Added Metro accent theme names to the ThemeName enumeration.
- Fixed a bug where a chromed window couldn't resize across multiple monitors appropriately if the Windows taskbar was auto-hidden.
About WPF Controls
WPF Studio / WPF Essentials Licensing
You can purchase our WPF controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the WPF Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves over 60% over purchasing all the WPF controls individually.
The WPF Essential bundle saves over 45% over purchasing its bundled controls separately.
That's some incredible savings!
WPF Studio Benefits
All WPF control licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
In addition, if you own a WPF Studio license, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new WPF control products added to WPF Studio that come out within your year period. This benefit does not apply to WPF Essentials customers.
You can download an evaluation of all our WPF controls from this page:
Upgrade to WPF Studio
Contact our sales team for information on discounted pricing for upgrading from one of our older WPF control product licenses to a license for WPF Studio, WPF Essentials, or a new version of a WPF control product.
If you own an older WPF Studio version or one of its products and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
Actipro Software Support