How to hide or replace axis with custom axis?

Charts for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Darcy Davidson
Version: 18.1.0670

I have tried the usual tricks and feel I must be missing something obvious.....

Please help.

Update: Discovered that AreLabelsVisible="False" AreMinorTicksVisible="False" AreMajorTicksVisible="false" works for XYDoubleAxis, but not for XYDecimalAxis....

Still would like a means to swap in my own axis if possible, otherwise I can hide the XYDoubleAxis as per above and put my axis in below, but will need to inspect visual tree to size/position properly.

Update #2: Successfully injected my own axes, so no help needed :)

Thanks.

[Modified 6 years ago]

Comments (2)

Posted 6 years ago by Darcy Davidson

I am trying to 'stack' two or more chart controls with a common x-axis (timeline).  The issue I am having is the space taken up by the y axis labels is different for each chart, so the y-axis of each of the charts don't line up with each other.  I have not found a way to style or otherwise control this width, it seems to be calculated internally based on the y-axis labels.

Ideas? Maybe hookup the FrameworkElement.MinWidth / MinHeight properties in XYAxisBase?

Don't know how I missed it, I now see there is a LabelStyle....

Sometimes you need to ask for help before seeing the obvious.

Thanks.

[Modified 6 years ago]

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I'm not sure there's a good way to stack two different charts, but we do support multiple series of data in the same chart, and each of the two series can have a different Y-axis.  I believe that would effectively do what you're trying to do. 

If you take a look at our Axis QuickStart, you can see some samples down in that where we have two Y-axes on the left, or another where we have one Y-axis on the left and one on the right.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.