License key is invalid

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 20 years ago by Neil - Lancaster
Hi,

I purchased a single developer license that is installed on my primary development machine. However, I need to test my code on another machine in development mode. According to the EULA, as long as no other developers are using the project that incorporates SyntaxEditor, I should be legal. However when I went to install my license on my other development machine and then tried to recompile my project, the SyntaxEditor splash screen says

Error: The license key that was entered is invalid. Please contact ActiPro software for assistance.

Am I getting this because I've now installed my license on a difference machine? Do I need to buy another license in order to use this on my other development box?

Thank you,

-Neil

Comments (1)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Neil you should be fine. The most common problem with SyntaxEditor licensing is that people enter the wrong Licensee in the installer. Make sure the Licensee AND License Key match exactly with what was in our email. Reinstall and verify that.

You also can take a look at our Licensing FAQ page in our Customer Relations site which has a lot of licensing help on it.

If you still have problems send us an email and we can hash them out.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.