DockSiteLayoutSerializer rafting window minimized state not saved

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by rex hui
Version: 18.1.0671
Platform: .NET 4.7
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

DockSiteLayoutSerializer saves a floating document state correct when it is maximized but it does not for minimized window.

I noticed the IsMaximized attribute for RaftingHost.

So IsMinimized attribute not implemented?

Comments (8)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rex,

No, we don't appear to be tracking a minimized state at this time.  We will look into adding it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by rex hui

Ok, thank you.

Posted 5 years ago by rex hui

The minimized state is now saved but the location is not saved correctly. It is always set to -32000,-32000 so when restore the window is set to the top left corner. The window size is correct though.

Is this a bug?

Answer - Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rex,

Thanks for letting us know.  It's odd that WPF is passing through those location coordinates even though the WindowState is still Normal when the LocationChanged event fires.  Anyhow, we have added an additional check for the next build to not update the location property (that we later serialize to the layout) if it's -32000,-32000.  That should resolve this.

Actipro Software Support

thank you

Unfortunately, the latest build still has the bug and is still saving the position to -32000, -32000 when minimized.

Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rex,

The update mentioned above added logic so that if the root WPF Window's location is set to -32000, -32000, it won't update the DockHost.FloatingWindowLocation property and will leave whatever was last there, which should be the restored bounds.

If you update our Layout Serialization QuickStart's DockSite to have CanDocumentWindowsFloat = true and then float the document, minimize the floating document, save the layout, and look at the saved layout XML, do you see -32000, -32000 there?  I don't anymore when I look.

Actipro Software Support

You are right. I am not sure why it wasn't working earlier when I tested. Sorry about that.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 22 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.