Localization - chinese italics

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Xinen Lee
Version: 17.2.0662

Hi Actipro

I'm having some problems with italics in the Intelliprompt tooltip display for chinese words - only certain words get italicized even though all are within the <i></i> tags.

This only happens in Win7, it displays as expected in Win10.

To reproduce the issue, use the  'Intelliprompt Completion Description Tips' sample. Add the following words "用于选项" to within the <i></i> tags in CustomContentProvider.GetContent():

string htmlSnippet = String.Format(
"<span style=\"color: #008000;\">This description tip is for the Type:</span><br/><b>{0}</b><br/><i style=\"color: #808080;\">用于选项Generated at {1}</i>",
HtmlContentProvider.Escape(type.FullName), DateTime.Now);

Note that in the actual display, only the words "选项" (and the english words) are italicized, whereas "用于" is not - why is this so?

Comments (1)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I'm sorry but we don't really have control over the actual rendering of the glyphs.  HtmlContentProvider builds up a native WPF TextBlock behind the scenes to do all the rendering work.  Based on what you said, perhaps Microsoft made glyph rendering improvements for TextBlock to handle these kinds of italic words in Windows 10?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.