Int32EditBox - Built-In vs App UndoHistory

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Justin Klein
Version: 18.1.0671

In my application, I've implemented my own UndoRedo history/framework. I track changes to relevant properties, controls, etc.  Everything works great, except it seems like Actipro's Int32EditBoxes have their "own" internal UndoRedo history that's superceding my global one.  What I mean is, if I change the value in an Int32EditBox, then it Ctrl-Z while focus remains in that UI element, the value gets undone but it's not seen by my program-wide undoredo history. If I modify the value of the Int32EditBox then explicitly take its focus away, Ctrl-Z works as intended (as it does for all other controls in my app).

Presumably there's just a property that needs to be changed to tell Int32EditBox not to use its 'own' undoredo implementation, so my global Ctrl-Z will work without having to explicitly take away focus from that control?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments (2)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Justin,

Actually the edit boxes in the newer versions of Editors use a regular WPF TextBox as the editing portion of their template.  So it's Microsoft's own internal TextBox undo/redo system at work there.  

I did an internet search and found this:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/376f7765-1c70-4289-a59b-e27c168a0fa2/disabling-undo-for-a-textbox?forum=wpf

If you can walk the visual tree and get the TextBox within the control, perhaps something along the lines of the post above might help?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Justin Klein

Aha, thanks - I'll look into that & see if I can figure something out :)

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.