Display additional Information at IndicatorTag at any time

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Karsten Mauersberger
Version: 18.1.0671

Hi,

i started working with your product some days ago. Works very fine so far. I am not a c# pro yet so maybe i didn't found the best solution for my problem.

I would like to display a status (int) for a special line. So i created a CustomIndicatorTag and added content to it. The number is displayed, perfect. But now i would like to display the number allways not only when the mouse is hovering over. Is this possible?

My second idea was to create an adorner on this element. Now i have the problem that the indicator margin is to small to display the adorner. Can i enlarge it somehow?

Or is there a complete different solution for my problem?

I hope you can point me to the right direction.

Comments (3)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Karsten,

If you want to always show the number without any pointer interaction, I might recommend a custom editor view margin instead.  We have a nice QuickStart sample showing this named "Editor View Margins - Custom".  In that sample we show the number of characters on each line.  But you could alter that concept to show your number instead on appropriate lines.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Karsten Mauersberger

Hi,

thank you for the tip. I like it very much.

Sadly, i don't know how to go on. Because the indicator already does know the number, i thought to go thruogh the indicators (that are needed) and read out the tag.

Now i have to problems. I am not able to read out the indicators i tried to cast them but i am struggeling with it.

private void OnCustomDraw(object sender, CustomDrawElementCustomDrawEventArgs e)
        {

// Find the previous indicator 
            var tagRanges = view.SyntaxEditor.Document.IndicatorManager.GetInstances<ActualLoopIndicatorTagger, ActualLoopIndicatorTag>();

foreach (var tagRange in tagRanges)
            {
                //get ActualLoopIndicatorTag.Tag here?
            }
            return;

Second Problem for me is that i don't know how to get this method executed on the change of the indicator margin. at the moment it reacts only on the change of the view.

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi,

Oh ok, if you need to also use/display indicators then perhaps it is best to just make the indicator margin wider as you said.  You can put this in your app's Resources to increase the margin width:

<Style TargetType="editor:EditorIndicatorMargin">
	<Setter Property="Width" Value="100" />
</Style>

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0684) was released 13 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.