I would like to request a new control: Searchbox. The look is basically just a text field with a search & clear icon in it, similar to a search field in Visual Studio.
Things it should have:
- Starting search event, which fires before a search to give the possibility to cancel it in code
- Search done event
- Instant search & delayed search mode where delay is customizable
Additional things which are not required but would make it much better:
- Easily connectable with your list controls + datagrid. When connected the search control takes care about everything. Like we bind a datagrid on it and it automatically filters when user types something in, no more code on our side needed. It would be a HUGE help as it eliminates tons of (repetitive) code.
- Asynchronous search, when filtering large lists or especially your treeview control with expandable notes, a default search can very quickly block the UI. Again lots of code on our side is needed. It would be easier for you and for us when you could take care of that as well.
- HasError bindable property which for example could make the background color red. Its useful to let the user know when he enters an invalid search term. We also use something like this in case where the possibly search would return no results or has returned no results.
If you have any other ideas for it, feel free to add.