Ribbon Region - Prism Integration

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Andreas Gruber
Version: 18.1.0672

Hi community members!

Can someone tell me where I could find the prism integration library? With codeplex gone, I have found nothing at the moment for the current version.
Is the RibbonRegionAdapter still included as the application that I am maintaining depends have on the ribbon region adapter concept. 

Or would you avoid upgrading this layout style as there a better, easier to maintain UI concepts for desktop applications.

Thank you

Andreas

Comments (3)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andreas,

I believe the Prism library was moved to GitHub here:  https://github.com/PrismLibrary/Prism

Prism is still used by many WPF developers and it is now supported by the open source community as part of the .NET Foundation.  If your app already uses it, it's fine to stick with it.

As for the RibbonRegionAdapter, I don't believe we define that.  Perhaps it's something your developers created?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Andreas Gruber

Hi!

1. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant the "Actipro WPF Controls Contrib" project that could be found at https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=actipro for Prism 5.0. Where can I find the current version that uses Prism 6.0?

2. If you start a new development, would you use the Ribbon for Windows Desktop applications or would you say there are other, better UI concepts that should be used now?

Thank you

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andreas,

1) Our WPF Controls now ship with a Prism 6 sample project included.  That sample project also has all our newer Prism integration source code inside of it, instead of in a separate assembly as was the case in the past.  Thus that Codeplex project isn't needed.

2) Ribbon is still used by Microsoft in many applications and is a great UI mechanism for apps that have many commands in them.  Other apps with fewer commands might want to stick with simpler toolbars and/or navigation panes.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.