TabFlashMode when window is active

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Jim Foye
Version: 16.1.0636

As far as I can make out, if you activate a window with a tab flashing (and don't turn it off programmatically, as suggested in the docs), then the tab IS still flashing, but it's very hard to see that, as the focus color on the tab, regardless of theme, is very bright, and so drowns out the flashing effect. I had to turn on the magnifier app and examine it at 400% to assure myself that it was still flashing. Of course, once I activate a different window, then the flashing is very obvious again.

Is it possible to tweak the painting somehow so that it's still obvious to the user that the tab is flashing, when the window is the active window?

Jim

[Edit] I'm on 16.1.0636, I forgot to set the version.

[Modified 6 years ago]

Comments (1)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jim,

The flash is achieved by basically applying an animated tint to the tabs.  Since it's a tint operation, the color you use for the flash will have varying success based on it being different enough from the general active tab color.  The further away the flash color from the active tab color, the more you'll see it.  We're open to specific suggestions for rendering improvement.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.