Theme override - AssetResourceKeys for ribbon unselected tab background

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Miles Merckel
Version: 18.1.0672

Hi

I'm overiding metro theme as per "Theme Override" example, I can achieve what I need apart from the AssetResourceKeys for the ribbon tab unselected strip just below the window title bar. I've gone through a bunch of keys but can't find a key to override that area. As there are hundreds of keys thought it would be easier to ask here. (I've got a picture which would make it easier to explain but can't insert or attach here) 

Thanks

Comments (4)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Miles,

Since you are a WPF Studio customer, often the best way to track down which asset you want is to open the default styles/templates that you can download from our site and see what is used in the target control.  

For a screenshot, you could upload it to an image hosting service and link to it.  But based on your description, maybe it's one of these:  WindowTitleBarBackgroundInactiveBrushKey, WindowTitleBarBackgroundActiveBrushKey, RibbonBackgroundNormalBrushKey, or RibbonTabControlBackgroundNormalBrushKey?

Actipro Software Support

Hi thanks for the reply.

It's easy enough to see the various AssetResourceKeys avaialable from the "Theme Browser" in the demo or hit F12 when the cursor is on a AssetResourceKeys word. The problem is determining the key with the screen item, I had tried the keys you mentioned and many more but couldn't find a match.

If you can try this link to see a picture of the area I'm trying to override.

Thanks

Answer - Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Thanks for the image.  I believe the two assets you want are:  WindowNonGlassExtensionBackgroundActiveBrushKey and WindowNonGlassExtensionBackgroundInactiveBrushKey.

Actipro Software Support

Excellent that's it, thank you very much :)

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.