Don't close document windows when restoring docking layout

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH
Version: 17.2.0665

Hi,

we are using the class DockSiteLayoutSerializer to save and restore the docking layout. Additionally we have a default layout that is loaded, when the user clicks on "restore layout". Whenever the layout is loaded all windows are closed. While this is okay for tool windows, I want the document windows to stay open. They just should be ignored in the process.

I already set the property SerializationBehavior to DockSiteSerializationBehavior.ToolWindowsOnly, but that didn't work.

Is there any other way to achieve the behavior?

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Comments (2)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

Sorry but I'm not seeing that happen.  Can you tell us how to reproduce it in one of our samples, like the Layout Serialization QuickStart?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH

Okay, my bad. The default layout still specified the old SerializationFormat. I didn't realize I have to update that too. I just assumed the setting in the serializer class would override the value from the serialized layout.

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.