Posted 11 months ago by EntityDev
Version: 16.1.0330

It seems that ToolWindow does not honor the CanDockHostTop property, when False.

All my ToolWindows are UserControls that inherit ToolWindow. I don't know if a "non-inherited" ToolWindow behaves in the same fashion.

In any event, I don't want any ToolWindow docking to the top of the host container control, so I set DockManager.ToolWindowsCanDockHostTop = False. This effectively prevents any ToolWindow from docking to the top of the host container.

I just thoujght I'd report the issue. Perhaps I have misunderstood the intent of the ToolWindow.CanDockHostTop property. It is also worth noting that I am using an older version.

Edit: I'm also using MDIStyle.ToolWindowInnerFill

[Modified 11 months ago]

Comments (2)

Posted 11 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I tried this in our sample by doing:

• In Tool Window Properties, setting CanDockHostTop to False for the "Events" tool window.
  • Changing to tool window inner-fill via the Window/MDI Style menu.
  • Trying to drag the Events tool window.

In that scenario, I didn't see the single dock guide for the top of the dock host showing up.  What do you see in that case?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 months ago by EntityDev

I duplicated the scenario in both your sample and in my project and both work as expected. I suppose that I must have been confused by a dock guide in another ToolWindow. Given that in ToolWindowInnerFill there is no MDI area, this must have been the case, because I recall basing my observation on a 4 prong dock guide. It must surely been in another ToolWindow..Please disregard the report and thank you for taking a look.

[Modified 11 months ago]

The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0341) was released 10 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.