Preserve Formatting (Colors) in Selection

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 5 years ago by Stefan Koell
Version: 18.1.0341

Hi,

is it possible to preserve the highlight colors within the selection?

Screenshot 1

Even if I just set the Background Color to the accent color - without touching the fore color, it looks like this:

newRenderer.SelectionFocusedBackColor = Color.FromArgb(60, ThemeService.Skin.TranslateColor(SystemColors.Highlight));
newRenderer.SelectionFocusedBorderColor = Color.FromArgb(60, ThemeService.Skin.TranslateColor(SystemColors.Highlight));

newRenderer.SelectionUnfocusedBackColor = Color.FromArgb(60, ThemeService.Skin.TranslateColor(SystemColors.Highlight));
newRenderer.SelectionUnfocusedBorderColor = Color.FromArgb(60, ThemeService.Skin.TranslateColor(SystemColors.Highlight));

Screenshot 2

It would be great if I can replace all my FastColoredTextboxes with the SyntaxEditor.

Regards,
Stefan

Comments (2)

Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Stefan,

While the current WinForms SyntaxEditor doesn't support preserving the colors in the selection, that is something I believe we have working for SyntaxEditor vNext (a major effort described in recent blog posts).  vNext should end up being the 2019.1 version when it's ready.  Let us know if you'd like to be a beta tester for it when a beta is available.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 5 years ago by Stefan Koell

Glad to hear that this is addressed in the upcoming release. It's not such a biggie so no hurry. I will wait until the 2019.1 is released.

Thanks!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.