Display all error messages for one tag at the same time

SyntaxEditor Web Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Sergey Astachov
Version: 4.0.0253
I think that it will be usefull for use if SyntaxEditor will display all messages for one tag at the same time.

For example if I have some tag with two mandatory attributes and I didn't enter them I expect to see all error for this tag at the same time. Currently if I have "<sometag>" entered, first I see "The required attribute 'attr1' is missing" and when I fix this problem I see again "The required attribute 'attr2' is missing". It will be better to receive something like that:
"The required attribute 'attr1' is missing.
"The required attribute 'attr2' is missing"

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks for posting this. It's now fixed for the upcoming maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Sergey Astachov
Hello,

It seems that there was some misunderstanding in this question.
When I wrote:
"If I have some tag with two mandatory attributes and I didn't enter them I expect to see all error for this tag at the same time",
I means that I expect to see all error in tooltip that appears when mouse over the tag with error. It seems that you corrected this feature just only in "error list" of your example application or I miss something during update to the newest version?

Thanks in advance.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Good point, this has been added for the next maintenance release:
Updated the SyntaxLanguage.ErrorDisplayEnabled functionality so that if there are more than one semantic parser syntax error that occurs on the same text range, they will all appear in the mouseover tooltip for the syntax error span indicator.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.