WordBreakFinder and FindReplaceForm

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Alexey Chuikov - Project Tech Leader. Custom Development, Quest Software
Version: 4.0.0253
Hi,

I've overridden WordBreakFinder property populating WordContainsAdditionalCharacters collection with additional characters (such as $ and -) as since words of PowerShell language can contain them. Selection works fine in the editor: I can select the whole words such as variables
$myForm
or commandlets
Get-Acl
But if I try to search for the whole word using standard FindReplaceForm I fail to find variables (I suppose because of $ character).

How can I make '$' character to be considered a part of the word for FindReplaceForm?

Thanks in advance,
Alexey.

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Alexey,

Right now the find/replace features uses regular expression engine and that engine is coded to consider "words" as the standard word pattern, meaning it doesn't even know what a language or WordBreakFinder is. I can add an item to the TODO list to look into this in the future and see if there is anything we can do.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Alexey Chuikov - Project Tech Leader. Custom Development, Quest Software
OK. Thanks for answering. Looking forward this feature in next versions.

Regards,
Alexey
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.