Undo and OnCodeSnippetFieldDeactivating

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Ashton - Developer, Schema Solutions LLC
I have an issue where I invoke a snippet and then immediately after invoking a call Undo on the document and the problem I get is that in the OnCodeSnippetFieldDeactivating for this snippet I am replace the text the user entered with some generated text and it seems to be getting into an infinite loop and eventually generates a StackOverflow exception (when I try to set the text using SelectedView.ReplaceSelectedText it invokes the OnCodeSnippetFieldDeactivating event again)

Is there a way in the event to tell that an Undo action is happening and not to do anything?

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Unfortuantely no, there could be many things that cause the OnCodeSnippetFieldDeactivating event to fire, the biggie being the SelectionChanged event.

What if you wrapped your call with a boolean flag like: quit if flag is set to true, set flag to true, call replace, set flag back to false.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Ashton - Developer, Schema Solutions LLC
I actually tried that immediately after posting the message, doing:

if (bAlreadyHere)
return;
bAlreadyHere = true;
try
{
}
finally
{
bAlreadHere = false;
}

And when I did that, the function did work but it placed some weird characters at the end of the text and when I went to delete them the entire editor was replaced with a big red X (usually indicating Paint method failed I think)

I'll try to do it at a higher level and see what happens so that I don't even go into Deactivated if the user pressed Undo/Redo.

Thanks
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Ok and if you still find you have weirdness going on, then perhaps you can send over a simple sample showing this that we can debug.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.