Posted 5 years ago by Karl Masters

Thanks for fixing cursor position foucs in latest update. It is great. I had a new idea and thought add in a new thread with the last idea had in the old thread. I thought I can post future ideas and feature requests here in future too. If I get a new idea.

######################################

1) Single Click on Filename in EXPLORER Right Column Switches to That File

Currently we have to double click a filename in the right EXPLORER coulmn to bring to the front for editing/viewing.

Many multi tab editor apps have the option in settings to switch to the file by single click in options.

Can we have this option in settings?

Also if it is default, and not in settings, it would make more sense. Why?

BECAUSE: Single click on a filename in Explorer column does not do anything now.

It would make the app much faster for users.

2) Close App with Last File: 

IF only one file in Explorer THEN CTRL+W = ALT+F4

As an option in Settings.

Another tiny thing, would be nice with closing last file (window) by CTRL+W, the app also closes. 

This is for example the norm in many top apps like Sublime Text etc. 

It can be default behavior or added as an option in settings:

[X] Close App with (last) open file

It basically saves fast coders one extra step: ALT+F4

Thanks again for the great app. :)

Comments (5)

Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Karl,

We are adding #2 for the next version, simplifying it a bit.  The app won't close with the last document, but if you press Ctrl+W after all documents are closed, the app will close.  So if one document is open, pressing Ctrl+W twice will close the app.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks Actipro.

Your way is actually better than my suggestion, it is also how Sublime does it: If there is no file open, then CTRL+W exits app. 

It basically lets users to start a new file after closing last open file. Thanks.

I will mark numbered requests as closed in this thread once released.

New Feature request below:

3) Check For New Version:

Currently I can not find a way to see if installed version is the latest.

I have to uninstal and reinstal from Microsoft Store. Is this the only way to update app? In Android Play Store we get the UPDATE Button for apps.

Also in the app, the RELEASE HISTORY popup does not show the date of the latest build.

Does not show build number either.

Can we have a way to see if the installed version is the latest build?

Thanks again.

Hi Karl,

In the future, please create a new thread for each suggestion/issue because it becomes difficult for us to properly track them when multiple things are combined into a longer thread.  Thanks!

As for the check new version, it should roll out automatically from the Windows Store when it's published.  If you want to check more often or if you have your Store set to manually update, just go to the "Downloads and updates" page in the Store app and click the "Get updates" button on the upper left.  That will do a manual check.

We can start putting the date we send it to the Store instead of the "current version" note.  The build numbers shouldn't generally matter since we've been incrementing the major.minor number each build.  You can find the current build number on the top of the Help pane.  

Actipro Software Support

Hi Actipro,

Thanks for your reply. I will reply in reverse order:

I saw the version+Build# at top of Help pane before I posted.

But it is useless because the build number is not mentioned in Release History popup. Just the version number.

Hence my request because there is no way to see what build is in the store nor in your release history.

SO WE NEED to have the BUILD NUMBER either in the MS Store OR in your Release History Popup:

So can comapre with that in top of Help-Pane.

I do not use the get updates in MS Store.

Because after pressing the button, it starts installing bloatware like useless games etc.

And once stopped, it stops all updates for me (Win10 Pro latest WinUpdates installed).

So pretty useless too.

I will open new topics for new requests as you want.

I can not change the topic/thread title.

So this one can remain dedicated to:

Explorer Column's Single Click on a FileName to Siwtch to Highlighted File

Instead of Double Click.

Because currently single click is redundant and completely useless as it has no functions.

Also because most multi tab/file editors switch to file on a single click for better UI/UX.

Thanks again.

[Modified 5 years ago]

Hi Karl,

I'm not sure why Microsoft no longer shows the version number in the Store listing.  I believe they used to.  They don't even show our update notes (that does list the version number) that we enter when deploying new versions, which they used to as well.  And the release date they show is the very first submission's, not the latest one's.  It seems like the Store listing quality has gone down.

Worst case scenario, our own Code Writer and download pages on our site lists the latest version and release date.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.