Tabbed tool windows need to be all the same size

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 5 years ago by Doug Beck
Version: 18.1.0675

I have some tool windows that are tabbed by default. However, each of them seems to have their own size, i.e. when I switch from one to to another the entire dock site grows or shrinks. I tried eliminating all of my content from the tabs but it still seems to happen. Is there a way to force all tabs to always be the same height such that it doesn't grow or shrink when users switch tabs?

Comments (3)

Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Doug,

Can you paste some very simple Window XAML that we can put in a new WPF application to see what you see?  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 5 years ago by Doug Beck

I'll try. Getting simple XAML isn't easy for this case but obviously I know why you need it. I was hoping there was a property that you could point me to. I dug around for a long time in the documentation but didn't find it. I'm guess this means there isn't one so the problem is more complicated.

If making simple XAML turns out to be too time consuming, could I send you a video to show you what I'm seeing? I realize this doesn't allow debugging but at least you can see what's happening. Perhaps someone there has seen this before and can recognize what's going on.

Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Docking windows can be assigned a ContainerDockedSize, which is the ideal size for the docking window in a container when docked.  There are ContainerMinSize and ContainerMaxSize properties as well.  But if you left all of those their defaults I wouldn't expect to see what you are seeing.

Generally behaviors like what you describe can be reproduced by stubbing out the base Docking/MDI hierarchy without having to put any content in the docking windows themselves.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.