How to get better looking checkmarks for the Metro theme?

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 5 years ago by Greg Kilmatead
Version: 18.1.0675

Hello,

My question is in regard to the checkmarks/checkboxes of context menus. In my opinion they look unappealing and I'd like to be able to replace the checked/unchecked states graphics if possible. It can be seen in Ribbon context menus but in other context menus as well.

I'm linking a video to better illustrate what I am talking about: https://imgur.com/NWAb5St

Could you please show me how to replace the checked/unchecked states graphics?

Thank you!

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Greg,

The menus were designed to match Office at the time.  One thing we are planning on for later this year is modernizing some of our themes.  It seems like the newer Office/VS have simpler-looking checks.  We have made a note to update the checks to look like those.

The checkmark UI is part of the control templates for MenuItem and various Ribbon buttons (for Ribbon menu items) when in a MenuItem context.  It would be tricky to customize those since the style for the Ribbon button controls has many other triggers that kick in for other usage contexts.  One note is that if you have an ImageSourceSmall set on the button, it won't render the checkmark and will just render the image in its place.  Perhaps you could use a custom check image when it should be checked if you want an immediate change.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 5 years ago by Greg Kilmatead

Hello,

I understand; thank you for planning to improve the aesthetics of checkmarks and also for the suggestion.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.