DockSite.ToolItemsSource : possible to style the ToolWindowContainer in AutoHideLeftContainers?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 6 months ago by Marcus Jones - LN Systems Limited
Version: 18.1.0681

Hi,

I have been following the sample code MVVM ToolWindows and can see how that works. However I would like to create a set of ToolWindows from a list of classes in my viewmodel, but inside an AutoHideLeftContainer. As that is not a style setting for the ToolWindow itself I cannot use the ToolItemContainerStyle, how do template this?

Comments (1)

Posted 6 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Marcus,

The MvvmToolWindows QuickStart we have shows how you can add view models.  One of those examples is an auto-hidden tool window that auto-hides to the left.  You could add multiple of those if you wish instead of a single one.  This kind of code in that example would make sure they start auto-hidden left and are all in the same container:

toolItems.Add(new ToolItem1ViewModel() { State = ToolItemState.AutoHide, DefaultDockSide = ToolItemDockSide.Left, WindowGroupName = "Left Auto-Hide" });
toolItems.Add(new ToolItem2ViewModel() { State = ToolItemState.AutoHide, DefaultDockSide = ToolItemDockSide.Left, WindowGroupName = "Left Auto-Hide" });
toolItems.Add(new ToolItem3ViewModel() { State = ToolItemState.AutoHide, DefaultDockSide = ToolItemDockSide.Left, WindowGroupName = "Left Auto-Hide" });

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0684) was released 15 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.